- - Floral
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Full Time
Spokane Produce, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Driver/Helper in our Floral Warehouse.
Assist Floral Manager and Floral Supervisor with daily tasks, delivery of floral products to customers, checking in all product deliveries, and all other duties as assigned.
• Organize product in floral warehouse
• Palletize product in floral warehouse ready to transport to main warehouse
• Scan and slot product in main warehouse
• Baling boxes
• Check in product and boxes as necessary
• Loading and unloading of shipment trucks
• Maintain clean work environment through garbage disposal, as well as basic janitorial tasks
• Deliver product to customers and product pick-up
• Provide assistance to the Floral Manager, Floral Supervisor, and Floral Designer(s) as needed
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to stand and or walk on cement warehouse floors for up to 8 hours per day
• Must be able to read and speak in English to converse with customers and to understand highway traffic signs and signals
• Basic knowledge of floral products preferred, but not required
• Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Report for the past three years
• Must be able to bend, twist, squat, kneel and lift from floor to above shoulders up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
• Experience with floral product delivery (or other delicate products) preferred
• Forklift experience preferred
• Must possess excellent driving skills in traffic, inclement weather, or darkness
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:
• Significant walking and standing for long periods of time in wet, cool environment (moderate temperatures ranging from 55 – 65 degree Fahrenheit in the floral warehouse, and 33 – 36 degrees Fahrenheit in the cooler);
• Frequent lifting from floor or pallet to waist, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 50 pounds;
• Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching; significant fine finger dexterity;
• Noise level is moderate to high, depending on placement in the warehouse and the time of year.
Shifts will start at 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday/Wednesday/Friday and 7:00 am to 3:30 pm on Tuesday/Thursday. Must have reliable transportation.
We offer competitive compensation of $15.00 per hour, paid via direct deposit twice per month, and a benefits package with employee in-house purchase discounts on the first day; medical/dental/vision/life and disability insurance first of month after 60 days of employment; paid vacation and 401k with employer match after 1 year of employment.
All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen, and continue to satisfy our drug testing policy if offered employment. We are a Federal Contractor and drug free workplace, which includes a prohibition on marijuana use for all employees.
Please apply through this site, apply through our website www.spokaneproduce.com, or come and apply in person, 1996 S. Geiger Blvd. Spokane 99224, Monday through Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm.
Spokane Produce, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.