- - Kitchen
- SPOKANE, WA, USA
- Full Time
Spokane Produce, Inc. is seeking a qualified Sous Chef/Supervisor in our Commercial Kitchen. We are looking for a Full Time and Part Time individual with weekend availability. The qualified Full Time individual will have a schedule of 7:00am to 3:30pm or until work is completed and must be able to work on Sundays.
Responsible for the mass-production of commercial kitchen food items. Administers and follows broad quality, sanitation, and food safety policies and procedures in a commercial kitchen environment. Supervises daily kitchen operations and 10-15 kitchen employees.
• Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
• Follow established recipe requirements and plan requisition for food;
• Maintain presentation technique and quality standards;
• Simultaneously manage multiple food production lines;
• Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance;
• Maintain a clean kitchen;
• Ensure that Food Safety and other regulatory programs are understood and adhered to by kitchen staff;
• Oversee stock rotation, inventory and FIFO inventory procedures, as required;
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least 1 year in a supervisory capacity or higher and diverse industry experience.
• Proven ability to produce and standardize recipes for mass production of food items.
• Technical knowledge of food safety (HAACP experience preferred).
• Basic computer skills.
• Basic record-keeping, math and accounting skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management in a consistent manner.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Current Food Handler's permit required.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:
• Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices, including appropriate safety equipment apply.
• While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as climb stairs, climb ladders, and walk kitchen and inventory floor frequently.
• The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
• Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
• Strength: Must have the ability to lift and carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds with regularity.
• Must be able to understand and follow work instructions in English.
ENVIRONMENTAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Works in a room that must comply with USDA/FDA regulations for food processing and packaging; Cold Room is 38 degrees F. (Inspecting Area is 70 degrees F.) Also works in main commercial kitchen area that must comply with USDA/FDA regulations for food processing and packaging; room is ambient temperature.
The wage is hourly depending on experience, paid twice per month via direct deposit with a benefits package including employee discounts on in-house purchases on your first day; medical/dental/vision/disability and voluntary life insurance first of the month after 60 days; paid time off and 401k with employer match after one year.
Eligible candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen and continue to satisfy our drug testing policy, if offered employment. We are a Federal Contractor and a drug-free workplace, which includes a prohibition on marijuana use for all employees.
Please apply with resume through this site OR apply to our website www.spokaneproduce.com
Spokane Produce, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or preferred veteran status.