- - Sales/Merchandisers
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Full Time
Spokane Produce, Inc. is seeking a self-motivated Produce Sales/Merchandiser to represent us in sales efforts. This position is ideal for a self-motivated type of salesperson that can effectively manage his/her workload and produce results. Responsibilities include identifying new prospects, cold calling, establishing relationships with decision makers, following up on sales leads generated by others within the company, pursuing prospects from initial contact through closing and maintaining relationships with customers for future opportunities.
• Contact customers via phone or site visits to build and maintain good relationships in order to meet and exceed sales goals.
• Calmly and effectively resolve customer requirements.
• Accurately enter customer orders into the system and have orders entered within set time frames according to delivery route schedules.
• Effective account management including: profitable sales; customer service; price and volume management. Manage quantities of product sold vs. warehouse supply. Assist customers with retailing and advertising.
• Operate in a team environment, working closely with sales team and other departments. Constant communication with warehouse and drivers.
• Know the product: seasonal and specials and market accordingly.
• Light collections with customer base when applicable.
• Promote a positive company image and operate under the highest ethical standards.
• Maintain continual awareness of the competitive marketplace.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge and experience within the Produce business: in depth knowledge of grow seasons, quality, pairings and marketing strategies
• 3 – 5 years Produce Retailing and Pricing experience
• 2 years Retail Sales experience and customer service skills
• Ability to meet goals
• Solid computer skills – Word and Excel
• Flexibility with schedule: able to travel when needed, work rotating weekends, holidays when scheduled
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-starter and motivated
• Proven success with retaining, identifying, developing and growing accounts
• Clean 3 year driving record. Must be able to meet insurability requirements
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:
• Regional traveling
• Occasional lifting
• Some stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching, and significant fine finger dexterity
Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen, and continue to satisfy our drug testing policy, if offered employment. We are a Federal Contractor and drug free workplace, which includes a prohibition on marijuana use for all employees.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance available first of the month after 60 days, paid time off and 401k with employer match after one year; employee discounts on in-house purchases available on your first day.
Apply today through this site OR apply via our company website at www.spokaneproduce.com.
Spokane Produce, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or preferred veteran status..