- - Sales/Merchandisers
- Spokane, WA, USA
- Full Time
Spokane Produce, Inc. is seeking a qualified Produce Merchandiser to work predominately in the Commissary at Fairchild AFB.
The qualified individual will work full-time with a schedule of Tuesday through Saturday, beginning each day at approximately 6:30am.
Responsible for working with the Lead Merchandiser, other members of the procurement staff and Operations to achieve set goals. Individual will assist the Operators with the training and development of produce managers, as well as perform resets, competition checks, and quality control on product arriving from suppliers.
• Assist and educate Operators in achieving profitable results in sales, marketing, merchandising and inventory management.
• Develop Operators to improve sales, communicate good ordering procedures, inventory control, backroom organization, and proper variety in stock.
• Support Operators in the area of marketing and special promotions to ensure that store activities are in concert with program objectives.
• Continue to raise the level of standards of performance insuring proper representation, merchandising and pricing of inventory.
• Monitor standards of performance in assigned categories, making recommendations for improvement when necessary.
• Assist in the recruitment, training and development of future produce sales and merchandising personnel.
• Act as liaison between Operators and Spokane Produce, Inc.
• Make recommendations for procurement, and become fully knowledgeable of company Information Systems at store level.
• Monitor marketing efforts in assigned areas.
• Assist in the development of new marketing strategies, as well as perishable department design and fixture requirements.
• Assist in the design and layout of fixtures and merchandise for all new and remodeled departments that contain assigned categories.
• Work with the Information Systems department to develop, test and implement the technology needed to streamline business practices.
• Assist Operators in compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations, as well as all product-handling policies and procedures.
• Assist Operators in ensuring trained Produce personnel are in place in each store and adequate time to maintain department is scheduled.
• Work with Purchasing Department to maintain and improve quality of product.
• Maintain an effective line of communication to the stores regarding products, market conditions and changes in G.O.I. policy and procedures regarding assigned categories.
• Assist Operators to organize the produce department and develop produce layout and space allocations to capitalize on neighborhood demographics in order to maximize sales.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Five to ten years in the industry with at least two years in a management position.
• Thorough knowledge of the retail food business.
• Thorough knowledge of perishable department operations.
• Merchandising skills, with the ability to make timely and effective decisions.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, financial statements, government regulations and legal documents.
• Ability to write presentations and present information effectively to top management, public groups, suppliers and/or Operators.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with all store Operators and company personnel.
• Computer proficiency a plus.
• Current and valid state driver's license.
• Clean 3 year driving record. Must be able to meet insurability requirements.
• Ability to pass drug screen and background check to gain access to Federal Military Base.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands:
• Regional traveling
• Occasional lifting
• Some stooping, kneeling, and/or crouching, and significant fine finger dexterity
• Noise level is low to moderate
Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen, and continue to satisfy our drug testing policy, if offered employment. We are a Federal Contractor and drug free workplace, which includes a prohibition on marijuana use for all employees.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life and disability insurance available first of the month after 60 days, paid time off and 401k with employer match after one year; employee discounts on in-house purchases available on your first day.
Apply today through this site, apply via our company website www.spokaneproduce.com, or come by and apply in person at 1996 S. Geiger Blvd. Spokane 99224
Spokane Produce, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or preferred veteran status.